St George’s – About the Building


St George’s is located on Heapham Road on the opposite side of the road to the town cemetery.

The church was dedicated in 1956 and was a dual purpose building created to serve the developing ‘uphill’ community. The sanctuary could be screened off, as could the stage at the west end enabling it to function as either church or hall.

In around 1968 a hall was added onto the west end of the building, doubling its size and now providing two spacious halls which are well lit, warm and accessible to disabled people. There are separate disabled toilets and kitchens available to each hall and a reasonable sized car park with additional large grassed area available for parking.